Letsema is partnering with government and labour through the Youth Employment Services (YES) Programme (www.yes4youth.co.za). As part of our participation, Letsema seeks to employ an IT Service Desk Intern.
The IT Service Desk Intern will be responsible for providing both hardware and software IT support on a day-to day basis, contributing to the development and maintenance of Letsema’s IT function. The IT Service Desk Intern will support the Systems Administration and Enablement team as they provide a comprehensive IT service to Letsema’s Executive, managers and employees.
The position is a fixed-term, one year contract, with YES Programme employer terms and guidelines adhered to.
Applicant Qualifying Criteria
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You are currently unemployed
- You have previous experience working in an IT support desk role (remote IT support experience preferred)
- Between the ages of 18 and 33 i.e. Born between 1987 and 2002
Suitable candidates who have registered online with the YES Programme, and who meet the above qualifying criteria, are welcome to apply.
If you have been qualified by the YES Programme, Letsema will require written proof. To register with the YES Programme, use the following link: www.yes.4.youth.co.za/youth
Role Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor company and user systems for signs of failure, irregularity and opportunities for improvement
- Log query tickets on Letsema’s support system for all new incidents, changes, problems, and requests
- Maintain and provide regular updates until the query is fully resolved
- Inform users when an incident or problem occurs
- Investigate and resolve incidents on Letsema and user systems
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on Letsema and user systems to ensure they are secure, up-to-date and in-line with industry standards and best practice
- Maintain accurate documentation on company, and user systems and environments
- Escalate queries to senior employees in Systems Administration and Enablement team and/or vendors as necessary if it is not possible to resolve a query ticket
- Respond to all users via telephone, instant messaging, email and/or in person in a timely and professional manner
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Excellent knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Some experience as a Technical Support Agent, Desktop Support, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other technical products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic IT and technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Certification in Microsoft products and/or similar technologies/applications a plus
How To Apply
To apply, send a detailed CV, matric certificate and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.